Management of Development Projects
Dates: 18-29 July, 2016
This course will help participants to grasp what is meant by Project Management in development projects, in line with the philosophies of the different donor organizations. International cooperation in development project management requires a common understanding of planning, monitoring and evaluation (PM+E).
Concepts such as "PCM – Project Cycle Management" and "Managing for Development Results" are explored. As a fundamental component of the course we examine the Logical Framework Approach as development instrument. One of the major challenges of Project Management is interdisciplinary teamwork. The course helps participants to become familiar with work in interdisciplinary multicultural groups and the application of Project Management instruments and tools.
By the end of the course participants will have a good knowledge of the principles of Project Management in development projects. They will have practised its principal mechanisms and be in a position to apply them.
- Basic elements of successful Project Management
- The importance of group work and participation in Project Management (team-building processes in Project Management)
- The phases of PCM (Project Cycle Management)
- Logical Framework Approach and its tools
- Impact Orientation – Managing for Development Results
- The principles of Monitoring and Evaluation
- PM+E in development organizations in Berlin
Trainer: Ms Gabi Struck
Guidelines Impact Monitoring
Checking and Learning
Outcome and Impact Orientation Part I (Welthungerhilfe)
Outcome and Impact Orientation Part II (Welthungerhilfe)
The preliminary course programme can be found here.