Statistik Banner

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I register for a training course?

All participants must register via the Eveeno event platform for each course. You can find the link to the respective Eveeno registration page on each course page. Registration will be open until the beginning of the course, unless otherwise specified.

Upon registration, you will receive an invoice for advance payment of the tuition fee. We can only confirm your participation after receiving the invoiced amount. Please note that the administration of the training courses conducted by SLE TRAINING is managed by the Humboldt-Innovation GmbH (HI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin. HI will be your contract partner. HI uses the subcontractor Mr. Andreas Bothe, operating under the name of eveeno (Federal Republic of Germany), to handle the participant management, booking and billing with the eveeno event booking platform.

2. When and where can I find the programme for next year?

We are constantly updating our website, where you can find all planned training courses and dates. In case you want to be kept informed by e-mail, please send a brief This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can include you in our bi-annual mailing list.

3. Does SLE offer tailor-made training courses?

Yes, to a certain extent. Please get in touch with us via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can discuss the details, such as objectives, topics, course length, language, and number of participants. 

4. When will face-to-face courses take place again at the SLE?

In recent years, we have learned how valuable analog time is and how helpful digital time is. We therefore currently offer the best of both worlds and offer face-to-face, as well as online trainings, at SLE. 

5. In which languages are training courses held?

Our training courses are held in English.

6. What does “Live Online Training” mean?

Our online trainings are not pre-recorded training videos, webinars for large audiences, or self-paced e-learning courses. They are virtual live trainings delivered by our trainers in real-time, focusing on the interaction of a small group of remote participants. Just like our face-to-face trainings, these virtual classrooms aim at tailoring the discussions and learning experiences to the training needs of the participants.

7. What do I need in order to take part in an online training?

To attend our live online trainings, a reliable high-speed internet connection and a computer or laptop running Windows or iOS are required (including audio and video). The Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin uses the videoconferencing platform Zoom for virtual classrooms as well as digital tools such as Moodle. We strongly recommend an external headset for better sound quality.

8. Which videoconferencing tool does SLE use for its online training?

Being part of Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, we currently utilise a campus licence for the conference software Zoom regarding digital teaching and meetings. The computer and media service of Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin states the following: “When we decided to make Zoom available, we closely worked together with the general staff council (Gesamtpersonalrat), the administrative data protection officer of the HU, as well as the IT security officer. Some of the privacy related concerns you might encounter only apply to the free version of Zoom. The CMS bought a one-year campus license that provides us with more settings so that we can deliver stable and secure communication. The platform is set-up with the highest security options enabled and will be closely monitored and supported during the whole time. Our version of Zoom is shipped with TLS based transport encryption (as long as you do not use a telephone), however, there is no end-to-end encryption for group conferencing. Having said that, there is of course a contractual warrant that data is being secured against any kind of misuse by Zoom.” (Source: Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)

9. What are the fees for the (online) training courses?

Prices vary depending on the length of the training course. You will find the exact prices on the subpages of each training course online.
Please have a look at our GTC for more information on prices, payments, and fees.

10. Does the SLE offer scholarships?

We are unfortunately unable to provide scholarships.

The following institutions may give you information about scholarship opportunities:

- Your home university

- The government of your country

- Organizations cooperating with Germany

- Scholarship databases of your country's Ministry of Education

11. My project/ employer is going to pay my course fee. Is that possible?

If your employer pays for the training course, you can indicate this in the Eveeno registration page of each course. 

12. Bildungsgutschein, Bildungsurlaub

12.1 I am currently looking for a job. Do you accept the „Bildungsgutschein“?

The Employment Agency offers training vouchers (Bildungsgutschein) for people registered as job seekers. Unfortunately, we are not (yet) certified to accept these training vouchers.

12.2 Educational leave (Bildungszeit) - applicable if your employer is based in Germany.

Our courses can be recognised as Bildungszeit (former Bildungsurlaub) for employees working in Berlin, and we would be happy to issue you with a confirmation in accordance with the Berlin Bildungszeitgesetz. Some federal states other than Berlin (e.g. Hessen) recognise our courses if they are already recognised in Berlin. If you live in a different federal state, you can ask your employer whether she will approve your educational leave, even if the course is only recognised in Berlin. The employer does not have to accept - but more and more employers take a flexible approach and will approve your request.

Further information: &

13. Applicants from outside Germany

Travelling to Berlin from outside Germany or the EU requires a variety of preparations. Apart from questions related to your application and admission, numerous aspects require your attention prior your arrival.

Please check for yourself whether a visa is required for your entry to Germany. We recommend that you visit the homepage of the Federal Foreign Office and find out about visa requirements (Application process, invitation letter, etc.). In view of the long processing time at the embassy, early registration is strongly recommended, as in some countries it may take at least 20 working days (one month) to obtain a visa. Visas are issued by German embassies or consulates in your home country.

Please note: Most German embassies require an official letter of invitation sent directly to their address. If you require such a letter, please let us know.

After your registration, we are happy to issue a letter of invitation for you to apply for a visa at the German Embassy. The letter of invitation will be sent to you, or directly to the embassy, by registered mail. An electronic copy of the invitation letter will also be sent to your e-mail account.

Humboldt-Innovation GmbH and SLE Berlin does not take responsibility for arranging the visa nor for the case of a rejection of the visa application.Please note: you cannot extend your visa once you are in Germany!

14. Insurance

Participants are required to organize their own insurances and costs are not included in the course fees but must be paid by the participant. Each participant is obligated to have health insurance that is valid in Germany (preferably Europe). Please note that medical care in Germany can be expensive if you are not secured by insurance. Citizens of some countries must present proof of insurance when applying for a visa. It is also possible that German customs may require proof of insurance when you cross the border. Please check whether your insurance covers Germany. If not, please take appropriate measures.

In addition, we recommend an accident- and liability insurance. The participant is liable for all culpably caused damages, especially for damages in the training facilities.

15. Contact


Seminar für Ländliche Entwicklung (SLE)
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Robert-Koch-Platz 4
10115 Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 2093 46881
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

16. Location

SLE is located in the heart of Berlin at two sites: the Emil Fischer-Villa at Hessische Str. 1-2, which was built in 1916 and became the home of Nobel prizewinning chemist Emil Fischer, and – since October 2014 – SLE TRAINING offices and seminar rooms are located at Robert-Koch-Platz just across the street from SLE.

Our face-to-face SLE TRAINING courses take place at Robert-Koch-Platz 4, on the ground floor.

SLE Location II

Bus stop: "Robert-Koch-Platz"

How to get to SLE TRAINING (Robert-Koch-Platz 4):

From Friedrichstrasse S-Bahn station (city train S1, S2, S5, S7, S9, S45, S75, Underground line U6):

Cross the bridge over the River Spree and walk down Friedrichstrasse for about 400 metres, then turn left into Hannoversche Strasse. This street takes a sharp left turn just beyond a side street called Philippstrasse. Continue walking along Hannoversche Strasse and turn left on the next corner: you have reached Robert-Koch-Platz. You will find SLE TRAINING to your left. The entrance to the office building "Robert-Koch-Platz 4" is right next to a bakery and our offices and seminar rooms are located on the ground floor to the right-hand side of the main entrance. (15 minutes walking).

From Hauptbahnhof U/S-Bahn station (Central train station):

Take the Europaplatz exit and leave the central station to your right-hand side (Invalidenstrasse). Keep walking on Invalidenstrasse about 700m and then turn right on the street named "Platz vor dem Neuen Tor". SLE TRAINING is located in an office building on the opposite end of the green square, next to a bakery. The address is Robert-Koch-Platz 4 and our offices and seminar rooms are located on the ground floor. (15 minutes walking distance).

From Naturkundemuseum U-Bahn station (Underground line U6):

Take the Invalidenstrasse exit from the station, then turn right into Invalidenstrasse itself. Walk for about 200 metres, cross the street at the traffic lights and turn left into the street named "Platz vor dem Neuen Tor". Walk straight another 50 metres, cross "Hannoversche Strasse" and to your left-hand side (shortly after the bakery) you have reached your destination: Robert-Koch-Platz 4. Our offices and seminar rooms are located on the ground floor to the right-hand side of the main entrance. (8 minutes walking distance).

From Nordbahnhof S-Bahn station (city train S1):

Turn right at the exit, walk down Invalidenstrasse towards Chausseestrasse. Cross Chausseestrasse and continue down Invalidenstrasse. Cross the street at the traffic lights and turn left into the street named "Platz vor dem Neuen Tor". Walk straight another 50 metres, cross "Hannoversche Strasse" and to your left-hand side (shortly after the bakery) you have reached your destination: Robert-Koch-Platz 4. Our offices and seminar rooms are located on the ground floor to the right-hand side of the main entrance. (10 minutes walking distance).

17. Accommodation

Unfortunately, SLE has no capacities to provide accommodation or transport during your stay.

In the past, SLE Training participants regularly stayed at the university guesthouse, which can be fully recommended by us.

The rent for four weeks is between €475 to €600 per person per room for an apartment with 2 single roomes. An additional overnight stay will cost approx. €50 per night. Check here for more information on prices and room options.

The guesthouse is modest but safe and located in the centre of Berlin within walking distance of SLE. Participants staying at this guesthouse should arrive before 10 p.m. on the day of their arrival.

The guesthouse is usually in heavy demand. We nevertheless encourage participants to enquire at the guesthouse about room availability and costs.


Gästehaus Humboldt-Universität

Ziegelstraße 13a
10117 Berlin
Tel: +49 30 2093-46990
Fax: +49 30 2093-46991
E-Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

18. Exchanging Money

Please make sure that you bring a reasonable amount of cash in Euros with you, since all banks and bureaux de change are closed on Sundays .EC and Credit Card ATMs can be found at all airports, and also close to SLE.

19. How to Get Around

Public Transport

Berlin has an extensive and efficient public transport network called BVG (Berliner Verkehrsgesellschaft). It includes the U-Bahn (underground or subway), S-Bahn (city train), Strassenbahn (tram) and buses. It has a 24-hour service with night lines and connections between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m. Use the BVG-journey-planner for information on how best to reach your destination in Berlin.

Tickets are purchased via BVG App, Deutsche Bahn App or at ticket desks or machines at:

Airports; DB (Deutsche Bahn) train stations; U-Bahn (subway) stations; S-Bahn (city train) stations; single and day tickets are also sold in buses upon travel commencement.

There are three fare zones (Tarifzonen): AB, BC and ABC. If you stay within the inner city borders of Berlin, an AB ticket is perfectly adequate.

Of course there are also many taxis in Berlin, but they are relatively expensive and not necessarily a good alternative due to the well-developed public transport system.